Saturday, August 23, 2014

During time as pastor, I have realized that the Christian faith is not so much an organization as it is a relationship with Jesus!

During ministry in organized Christianity, I have seen endless board meetings. I have experienced enough of religious mind-battlings when Christians argues and vote. Sometimes people are not even nice to each other. I have seen the smiles on faces, when I know there are anger and wrath inside. Sometimes, people are hypocritical and even evil! People act just as they would in an ordinary organization.

There are many groups to join today. You can join political, civic, social or religious organizations, but with the Christian faith you don’t just join an institution. Christian faith is not just like Buddhism, Hinduism or Muslim religions. When you speak of the authentic Christian faith, you speak of being born into a personal relationship with God, through Jesus Christ! Someone said it this way: "I hate religion, but I love Jesus!"

By faith in Jesus Christ, God saves individually. It is my personal trust in Jesus, as Savior that saves. He died and rose again for you and me! He paid my sins by taking my sins on Himself. Organization never changes hearts. However,what Jesus Christ has done does!

This relationship changes lives. We don’t just pray God for things today. Rather, we seek God intimately. As a child in His presence we communicate with our Loving Heavenly Father. Today, “He walks with me and talks with me and tells me that I am His own.” God even promises to visit us, speak, teach and comfort us individually, and because of that, the believer in Jesus can live a new authentic lifestyle, sincee we walk our lives in His presence.

In the Bible, prophet Ezekiel speaks of the future of the land of Israel. Today, Israel does not have a relationship with Jesus. Israel is more an organizational religion. However, soon it will turn back to God’s Son, Jesus Christ and trust in Him. Then it will understand that God always had a plan with it and that one of its own sons, Jesus of Nazareth, is its Savior and Lord. Instead of living in disobedience to God, Israel will turn to Jesus as and their hearts will be cleansed by God’s Spirit. Judaism will turn into a living relationship with God, through Jesus Christ!

Friends, remember that the Bible is God’s Love letter to you and me. In it, we are invited to a personal relationship with God Himself. Religion is one thing and Jesus Christ, for sure, is completely different. Be very careful about religions!


No comments:

Post a Comment